We Won’t Have a Blue Christmas with True Blue!

Photo by Dallin Jarvis
Annie Millerberg, our senior class vice president, announcing True Blue at the opening assembly.

November and December are full of exciting holidays and traditions, including Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, and of course, True Blue! True Blue is Bingham’s annual student government run fundraiser. The charity that Bingham is helping this year is the Nixon Strong Foundation. Annie Millerberg, our senior class vice president, described the foundation as “..a non-profit organization that helps children with terminal and non-terminal cancer. They do so much for cancer patients in our local area!” The fundraiser is run by our student government and will take place through the last week of November until right before Winter Break. Below are some of the major activities

November 27th- The True Blue Opening Assembly

The True Blue Opening Assembly is when students will learn how True Blue works and all of the ways that they can be involved. Not only will True Blue officially begin at this assembly, but students will also be able to enjoy performances from many of Bingham’s teams, including ballroom, marching band, and improv.

Ben Larson and Courtney Ross, members of Bingham’s improv team, playing “Hey Baby” and putting pie in each other’s faces during the True Blue Opening Assembly. (Photo by Dallin Jarvis)

Every Day- Lunchtime Activities

Every day during both lunches, there will be activities that students can participate in to donate money to True Blue. Annie said, “…they will range from playing Wii bowling to spinning a wheel for prizes!” The lunchtime activity prices will range from one dollar to five dollars. There will also be Penny Wars at lunch when the grades compete to see who can raise the most money in only coins. Bring any spare change to lunch to continue donating and to win Penny Wars.

Every Night- Squad Jobs

Every night, students can participate in squad jobs to provide service to our community. There is no cost to participate and it is easy to do so. Annie described squad jobs as “knocking on doors and doing favors in exchange for donations.” In order to participate, fill out the signup sheet outside the main office.

Other Activities

There are many other memorable activities that are a part of True Blue. These include the boys beauty pageant, carnivals and talent shows. All of the money raised from these will go towards the Nixon Strong Foundation. The information for how to participate in or attend these events can be found in QR codes around the school, in the morning announcements or on the Bingham High Instagram pages.

December 21st- The True Blue Closing Assembly

The closing assembly will be when the student government announces the total amount of money that Bingham raised for the Nixon Strong Foundation. There will also be more holiday performances, and it is the perfect last hurrah before Winter Break.

Be sure to mark your calendars, gather your coins, and get ready for the festivities of True Blue. This is an amazing opportunity for Bingham High to provide service and we are very excited to be able to help the Nixon Strong Foundation.