Marching Band Memoirs

Despite a season of struggle, the Bingham High School marching band finished strong. In the beginning of their 2012 season Arabian Nights, the band had more disadvantages than advantages.

The color guard lost two instructors and damaged their equipment. The entire band didn’t have their completed drill until well into September. During band camp, eight people sat on the sidelines due to injuries or health problems. However, the marching band overcame these obstacles and had a season they’ll never forget.

On October 6, 2012, the band took third place at Wasatch Front Competition with a score of 870.58 out of 1000.00. On November 2, 2012 at Dixie College, the band took third in state with a score of 864.83 out of 1000.00. That same day, they stole the musical performance caption from their biggest competitor, American Fork.

On November 3, 2012, the Bingham High School marching band took sixth in prelims in their first appearance of the Bands of America regionals. In the Bands of America finals, they took seventh place with a total score of 47.70 out of 50.00. Their show also received a standing ovation. At Bands of America, the Bingham High School marching band competed against bands from California, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, and Utah.