The Student Newspaper of Bingham High School

How Does Bingham’s Swim Team Work?

Bingham Swim: Who Are They and What Makes Them Superior?

If you’re not familiar with the team, they have 44 members, and it’s worth noting that 36 members have taken a swim class from Bingham this year. Sarah Spallino, a first-time swimmer, has risen to be the fastest breaststroker. Lincoln Hymas took 5th in the 200 yd freestyle and 6th in the 500 yd freestyle last year in state, and he is currently ranked 3rd in the state at the time of writing this article. Caleb Sorenson and Graden Tennant are two others whom we expect to take the podium in their events at both region and state. The boys brought home the best finish in 11 years, winning 2nd in the 4×1 at state. If you are not a swimmer, freestyle is any style the swimmer wants to swim in a race, and 4×1 is a relay race of 4 swimmers, each swimming 100 meters to complete the race.

With so much achievement comes effort and dedication. If someone were to ask you where they practice, you may say they head over to the Aquatics Academy around the corner. That’s not true; they go to Kearns Aquatic Center (which is 9.3 miles from Bingham) for practice at 5:00 AM, and some days they come to Bingham at 5:30 AM to lift weights. These athletes are no joke; way to go.

Follow Up!

Make sure to show up to some of these teams’ competitions cause its any minute till they bring it home big. These athletes deserve the support and If you are interested in more information on Bingham Swim check out their website to see photos, live streams, schedules, and more via the link.

https://binghamathletics.com/teams/3714739/swimming/miners-swimming