The Student Newspaper of Bingham High School

Super Bowl Halftime Shows

Fans cheering on a super bowl halftime show.

Super Bowl halftime shows are cool,exciting, and exhilarating and I’ll take you through what Bingham High school thinks is the best.  I personally think that the best super bowl was Coldplay featuring Beyonce and Bruno Mars on February 7, 2016 for the 50th Super Bowl. I think that it was the best because Beyonce and Bruno Mars sang well together and Coldplay just added to the fire that they were singing.I also loved the outfits for Beyonce’s dancers and I knew all of the songs on the setlist. The introductions to everyone were really good and in sync. I also think that the stage added a calming yet cool aspect to the dance and it was better to watch the Super Bowl halftime at home rather than the actual stadium. I think that for football it’s better to be there in person but for the shows that they put on it’s better to watch at home because you can see all the angles that some people in the stands wouldn’t be able to see. 

The first super bowl featured the University of Arizona and Grambling State University bands. They first did superbowl halftime shows to fill time and entertain guests who weren’t in the restrooms or the concession stands.

My second favorite Super bowl halftime show was Snoop Dog featuring Dre, Kendrick Lamar, Mary J Blige, and Eminem in February 2022 for the 56 Annual Super Bowl halftime show.  The songs and the whole performance were fire and the outfits killed it. In our day and age kids these days agree. Leslie Lutali says that the best halftime show and the reason she thinks that is because they are OG’s. Kaylee York says,” the one with Kendrick, I like it because it’s hype”. Jack Loveridge says,” the Snoop one because I knew most of the songs they sang”. Lailai Havili says,” the one with all the rappers [Snoop Dog] cuz my music is bland”. Latai Latu says, “The one with Snoop Dogg, Dr.Dre.Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Mary J.Blige, and 50 cent. I love it because those artists are mainly right up my alley in music and it was just really nice to see. I also liked it because it linked the older and younger generations through music”.Bode Peterson says,”the Snoop Dog one is the best because the music was the best”. 

Bingham also enjoyed Rihanna’s performance on February 12 2023 for the 57 Annual Super Bowl Halftime show. Cami Bird says, “Obviously Rihanna because last time I checked Katy Perry wasn’t pregnant when she performed her halftime show”. Tianna Jolley said,”Rihanna was the best Super Bowl halftime show because she devoured it, it was such a good performance lol, and she was very pregnant, very iconic”. Payton Vogt says,”I liked Rihanna’s because it was very interesting, there was a lot to look at, and what they were wearing was nice”. This is personally my 3rd favorite Super Bowl halftime show because she was pregnant but still moved around and had a full show and the dancers outfit and choreography was just fire. I loved all the superbowls but these three were Bingham student’s top favorites.